PCI Race Radios is proud to announce the 2018 Chupacabra UTV Baja Ride. If you have ever wanted to explore the Baja Peninsula then this 3-day, 2-night adventure is just for you.
October 19th - 21st, 2018
This adventure will start at the Tecate border crossing where we will all meet up in the secure parking lot on the US side behind the border crossing. This is a secure patrolled lot and you are able to leave your tow vehicle there for the weekend. Once we do a quick meet and greet and fuel up, we'll cross the international border, crossing together. Please note, you must have current original registration and insurance for you UTV to get into Baja. Register at: https://www.offthegridexpeditions.com/chupacabra
Day 1- Welcome to Baja.
Heading East through the Sierra Juarez Mountains, our first trail will be roughly about 55 miles on entry level trails that will allow you to adapt to the Baja terrain. What starts out as mountain trail soon cascades into pine trees and fast windy trails, that you’ll have your UTV flying through. We will come to our first stop of the day in a small Baja town of La Rumorosa. We will refuel in La Rumosoa and then descend down to Laguna Salada. This fast paced trail will lead us southward down the Baja Peninsula for about 80 miles. With just a quick stop to see the Salada, and we'll be back off. We will head over to Ojos Negros for a gas stop, proceed down through Independencia to the first technical section of the trail “Goat Trail”. This slow paced technical trail is short but will let you see firsthand what Baja can provide. The Goat Trail will put us right back on Hwy 3 and right into Valley de la Trinidad for our next Gas stop and lunch. With no time to waste we’ll make out way up to the legendary Mike's Sky Ranch in the Sierra San Pedro Martir Mountains. The mountain's road up to Mike's is both breathtaking and nailbiting. With off-camber cliffs looming at every sharp turn and the constant naturally formed high rise jumps, Mike's will soon be a Baja favorite.
As we leave Mike's Sky Ranch, we will be descending down the back side. We will be on a good mixture of race course and well traveled road as we decent down to the Pacific Ocean. We will head up the coast, north, and check out some amazing sights along the way. The Pacific route will leave you breathless as you watch the waves crashing just feet from your UTV. We will make a quick stop for lunch and a splash of gas before proceeding through Santo Thomas and back over to Ojos Negros. This is an extremely fast and enjoyable section. We will regroup before crossing the Hwy 3 and proceed down through the Ojos mountains and in to Horse Power Ranch for night 2.
After a good night’s sleep at Horse Power Ranch, we will head out early. We will make out way north passing Laguna Hansen and enjoy some wide open fast pine forests trails. About 45 miles into the trail we will cut on to a new trail that will weave its way over to the Compadre trail and back up to the highway before saying our goodbyes, and crossing over the border.
This 3 Day UTV Adventure will be leaving you counting the days till your next Baja experience!!!
So what's included on this 3 day adventure?
- Guided trails right from the border every step of the way.
- The entire 3-day course has been pre run and mapped so that you will be able to view the trail on your mandatory Lowrance GPS unit. (Not supplied, click HERE to view GPS units sold by PCI)
- Hotel accommodations.
- Breakfast, lunches and dinner, all nights.
- Unsurpassed trail support - Mechanics, Chase trucks and trail guides.
- A lead UTV will guide you every step of the way.
- A sweep support UTV that hold parts and tools for almost any trail breakdown; will ensure that everyone gets to their destination.
- On-the-trail Mechanics that will handle any issues that might pop up. These mechanics, or “Baja Ninjas” as we call them, are truly amazing to have along.
- Parts for most manufacturers are carried on-trail, as well in 2 fully outfitted Chase trucks and trailers. (We still require you to carry your own specialized parts for you own UTV.)
- The Chase trucks hold a multitude of tools, welders, parts, wheels and tires as well as emergency fuel and medical equipment bearing any insentient along the way.
- A certified paramedic will be accompanying us the entire way.
- Media coverage, to capture photos and video footage of our adventure.
- Awards and Raffles from our Sponsors
With extensive planning, these tours are designed for you to just show up and enjoy yourself. Leave all the stressful logistics and planning to us!
Whether you’re a Baja race veteran or this is your first time to Baja these professionally guided tours are designed so that we do all the work. You just show up drive and take the true experience of Baja all in. We will remove the "what if" factor from your adventure.
What are you responsible for?
You are responsible for just a few things on this amazing journey.
- First and foremost, you are responsible for your actions. A clear and level headed driver and passenger. You will be able to drive at your pace, and to your driving ability. Whether it is a cruising speed or at a faster pace, as long as you are comfortable and in control, you’re doing well.
- Good attitude, this is a must!!! I can assure you along the way we will encounter some type of mechanical issue and we will all have to stop. Our mechanics will be on any issue as fast as possible. With a good attitude, we will all have a good time.
Helmets - Helmets are mandatory no questions asked….. (Click HERE to view helmets sold by PCI)
- Minimum of 1 spare tire.
- Tools to change a tire. (Jack, tire iron, etc)
- Minimum of 2 or more spare belts.
- Please have your UTV prepped and ready for this adventure. This includes all spare parts stowed securely away, as well as tools and spare tires. Please make sure all services are completed and your UTV is well maintained.
- GPS and Radio
- The GPS used are the Lowrance units. We will provide the trail map and load it onto your device for you.
- VHF radio. Mounted systems only with Intercom wired to Helmets
Click HERE to view UTV Packages sold by PCI
Please make sure both are in good working order and you know how to use them.
- Food and drinks. You are responsible for your lunch and trail snacks along the way. You will also want to bring plenty of bottled water and beverages for consumption while out on trail. Please make sure everything is secured.
- We will be stopping for gas on several occasions, which you will be responsible for purchasing. You will need to carry an additional 5 gallons of gas.
- Please make sure you have cash, in small bills. The gas stations do not take credit cards.
- Passports and Drivers licenses. You will need you passport to enter back into the USA.
- You will need insurance for your UTV. Here is a link to the insurance company we use. There is a discount rate set up. Tell them you are with us.
Special Note: Absolutely no illegal drugs or guns are allowed in Baja. Prescription Drugs need to have documents with them.
$1800.00 includes 2 participants (you and your passenger) $250 for additional guest.
All accommodations for 3 days and 2 nights, including breakfast and dinner.
Logistics/GPS mapping. Trail support w/ mechanics. Chase trucks and trailers. Paramedic and support staff. Media coverage.
Register at: https://www.offthegridexpeditions.com/chupacabra