- Instructional Video
GPS Infrared Belt Temperature Gauge Sensor by Rugged Routes
This infrared belt temp sensor is an easy install accessory for Lowrance HDS and Elite Ti GPS Units. It simply connects to the N2K network just like a Point-1 Baja Antenna, and displays your CVT Belt Temp right on the Lowrance GPS screen. Keep an eye on your belt temp in order to adjust your driving style or as an aid in clutch tuning for prolonging the life of your CVT Belt.
Simply drill a 3/8" - 1/2" hole in the plastic belt cover above the center of your belt and stick the sensor on. The sensor is a small cube & contours to the belt cover with a 3/16" thick waterproof closed cell foam & easily sticks on with a high strength waterproof adhesive by 3M.
Install on a clean plastic surface, hold down for 30 seconds and wait 24 hours to fully adhere. Check out the instructional video on the tab above.
- Compatible with Gen2 or Newer HDS Units, and Elite Ti 7" Or Larger.
- Not Compatible with Elite-5 Ti or Trophy models.
- Belt Temp Sensor Only does not included needed NMEA Connectors, extension cables or power cables.
- The option with Lowrance Cables includes the Network Starter kit
- If you already have an external antenna, you will need to connect the T connector and Extension cable inline with your antenna network cabling.
- If you do not have an external antenna, you will need the and connect all of the Network Starter Kit cables to provide power to the sensor.
- Protectors measure approximately 10" X 3.5", and comes with installation squeegee, and instructions.
Steven Lutz at Rugged Routes sure comes up with cool stuff for Lowrance units. This belt temp sensor is no exception. It plugs seamlessly into the N2K network, and it displays the CVT belt temp right on the Lowrance screen. Nice!
The install was simple straight forward as well as the set up. The peace of mind that come with the warning that we are driving our Can am to hot is a game changer/saver during our races! Thank you PCI Radios for all your help.